Register to vote online using your state-issued driver's license or ID number.
To vote absentee/by mail:
- Be registered to vote. Not sure if you're registered? Check with the Secretary of State's website: Alaska My Voter information.
- Apply for an absentee ballot with a valid Alaska ID or driver's license.
- Absentee applications are due October 29th. Be sure to get yours in early to allow plenty of time.
- Your ballot will be emailed to you, but you must print it out, fill it in, and mail it back via USPS or some other delivery service.
- Follow up with your election official's office to make sure you receive your ballot. Contact information for election officials is found here.
- Your ballot may require postage, a witness signature and/or notary service before you mail it back. Instructions will be on the ballot itself.
Information current as of 9/1/2020. For the most recent updates, see the Secretary of State's website.