Mississippi does not offer online registration at this time.
To vote absentee/by mail:
- Be registered to vote. Not sure if you're registered? Check with the Secretary of State's website: Mississippi Y'all Vote portal.
- Contact your county clerk's office to apply for absentee voting. Step by step instructions are available at the Secretary of State's website, and contact information is found here.
- Mail completed application and any additional requested materials to your county clerk's office.
- Absentee applications are due by October 20th. Be sure to get yours in early to allow plenty of time to receive your ballot and mail it back.
- Your ballot will be mailed to you.
- Follow up with your election official's office to make sure you receive your ballot. Contact information for election officials is found here.
- Your ballot may require postage, a witness signature and/or notary service before you mail it back. Instructions will be on the ballot itself.
Information current as of 9/1/2020. For the most recent updates, see the Secretary of State's website.