If you have questions about depositing your work, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you do not hold the copyright to your work, or it was not published open access, you will need to get permission in writing from the copyright holder(s). If you have questions, visit the Open Access section of our site for more information.
Step-by-Step Instructions for depositing research in ScholarWorks
- In the top right hand corner, select "Sign In". You will be prompted to enter your Brandeis credentials.
- After signing in, you will see your Profile information. Not all of the information that is displayed in your profile appears on the public-facing interface (for example, your phone number)
- Located at the top of the page, click the button "Add Content"
- After selecting "Add Content", select the type of work you are depositing - book chapter, article, conference paper, etc. If it's a journal article, you can add the DOI.
- Add the file.
- After you have added your file, you can add the license (if you know it), a file description, some basic information
- After entering the basic information, you can add additional information such as research topics, other contributors/authors, set your role, and an abstract/summary.
- Next, you'll add more specific information such as status, journal title, ISSN, DOI, volume, issue, date, peer reviewed, and language
- If your scholarship was funded, you can add the grant information
- The last step is to review and agree to the deposit terms and conditions. On this last page, you can also add copyright information and any other additional notes. If everything looks fine, select "Submit".
- Once you select "Submit", you will be taken back to your profile page and a small blue button will appear with the text "Your Asset as Been Successfully Deposited".
- You can check it from your Profile - select "Output" to view your most recent deposit.
Your deposited asset will be available in ScholarWorks once it is approved by Library staff. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need assistance.