Register to vote online using your state-issued driver's license or ID number.
To vote absentee/by mail:
- Be registered to vote. Not sure if you're registered? Check with the Secretary of State's website: Vermont check voter status
- Apply for an absentee ballot online. Contact information for town clerk's is found here.
- Absentee applications are due by Election Day. Be sure to get yours in early to allow plenty of time for mailing your ballot to you so you can then mail it back.
- Follow up with your town clerk's office to make sure you receive your ballot. Contact information for town clerks is found here.
- Your ballot may require postage, a witness signature and/or a notary service before you mail it back. Instructions will be on the ballot itself.
Information current as of 9/1/2020. For the most recent updates, see the Secretary of State's website.