Register to vote online using your state-issued driver's license or ID number.
To vote absentee/by mail:
- Be registered to vote. Not sure if you're registered? Check with the Secretary of State's website: Alabama Votes voter view.
- Print out an absentee application form for your county of residence. Links to forms and contact information is found here.
- Mail completed application and any additional requested materials to your county clerk's office.
- Your ballot will be mailed to you.
- Follow up with your county clerk's office to make sure you receive your ballot. Contact information for election officials is found here.
- Your ballot may require postage, a witness signature and/or a notary service before you mail it back. Instructions will be on the ballot itself.
Information current as of 9/1/2020. For the most recent updates, see the Secretary of State's website.